Are you a good candidate for a mommy makeover? What is the difference between a mommy makeover, a tummy tuck and a cosmetic body lift?
Mommy makeovers, tummy tucks and body lifts are all designed to reverse the physical changes associated with childbearing and aging. If childbirth has left you with the following characteristics:
· sagging breasts, uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples and stretched areolas (the dark skin surrounding the nipple).
· breasts have become so much larger after childbirth that they are out of proportion with the rest of your body and they cause back pain.
· tummy has loose skin and stretch marks and your waistline has become thick and undefined.
· a C-section has resulted in areas of fat hanging over your surgical scar.
· excess fat in the love-handle area as well as in the hips and thighs.
…consider undergoing a mommy makeover, tummy tuck and breast lift, or a cosmetic body lift.
If you are in good general health and have realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for all of these procedures.
The mommy makeover is essentially a standard tummy tuck or abdominoplasty combined with a breast lift procedure recovering from both at the same time. The cosmetic body lift differs from a mommy makeover in that the body lift is a comprehensive procedure designed to reshape the body from the breasts level to the knees including areas of extra skin and fat located on both the sides and back of the body…the abdomen, the hip, flank, .the back, the lower buttocks, the thigh and lower leg just above the knee. All of these areas are addressed to render a more youthful looking contour. The arms may also be addressed at the same time.